Board Of Directors
Founder, President, Executive Director
Sherri holds a BS Degree in Marketing Communications with over 12 years’ experience as owner and operator of Blue Planet Studio, a Marketing Communications Firm. She has over 20 years of experience in Marketing in the corporate world. She has spearheaded the development and refinement of the Hope Rising residential aftercare and equine therapy program over the last 7 years. She is currently working on her Master’s Degree in Social Work. Her accomplishments as a nonprofit Executive Director include the following:
- Founded Hope Rising and was active in prevention, awareness, outreach, and rescue of minor girls who had been sex trafficked.
- Certified Trainer for the internationally accepted Hands that Heal Certification Training designed to equip caregivers to work with human trafficking victims.
- Certified Victims Advocate
- Certified EAGALA and Natural Lifemanship – Equine Specialist
What we provide?
- A safe and peaceful specialized foster family home
- Trauma-informed equine therapy
- Trauma-informed art therapy
- Celebrate Recovery for addiction recovery
- Character building lessons based on Biblical Principals
- Life Skills
- Health and Wellness Program
- Clothing and personal care items if needed
- Assistance in scheduling appointments and setting up transportation
- Meds distribution and monitoring
- Charter school education with tutoring
- Strengths development based on the goals of the child
- Relationship restoration counseling
- Counseling with a licensed mental health professional
- Case management
- Mentorship with trained mentors
- Participation in 4H or Young Farmers if desired
- Trust Based Relational Intervention
Who We Serve:
We serve children who have suffered sexual trauma and/or exploitation and specialize in helping survivors of human sex trafficking
What we Expect:
- A child cannot be actively suicidal or homicidal and should be taken first to a medical detox facility prior to placement, if necessary
- A child entering our program needs to be willing to follow our rules for the safety and well-being of the treatment team and foster family
- Length of stay depends on progress, based on evaluations that are done every 30 days
Your Support Saves Lives
Your ongoing support of Hope Rising Ministries is a vital part of providing holistic, long-term rehabilitation for some of the most neglected and vulnerable in our society.
Do you love physical movement and exercise? Then you will love the 1012 Dance-A-Thon fundraising event. Raise awareness of sex trafficking while helping the children rescued from this horrendous industry.
This year’s gala will be held in the beautifully appointed Barnhill Center located in Historic Downtown Brenham. Your support of table sponsorships and donation items are appreciated.
Your regular support of Hope Rising Ministries enables us to provide ongoing, wrap-around services to girls and boys in our care. Services such as equine therapy, safe and stable living conditions, and support they desperately need in order to rebuild their shattered lives. Will you consider become a regular contributor today?
Equine enthusiasts mark your calendar for this fun-filled weekend of equine focused breakout sessions, chuck-wagon grub, and a trail ride through some of the most beautiful country in the state of Texas.
Volunteers are a vital part of Hope Rising Ministries. Sex Trafficking is a growing epidemic within the borders of the US. The victims are the most vulnerable in our society, and the crimes committed against them are unspeakable. It is impossible for government agencies, first responders, non-profits or churches to fight this battle alone.