Job Title: Kitchen Manager/Chef -PDF
Department: Support Services
FLSA Status: Exempt
Performs complex food preparation work. Responsible for all food services, including the preparation of breakfast, noon, and evening meals; follows standardized menus. Responsible for the cleanliness and organization of the kitchen. Provides instructions to staff/students in food preparation and storage.
Essential duties and responsibilities include the following
Other duties may be assigned as necessary.
- Prepares, seasons, and cooks food according to menus, special dietary or nutritional restrictions, or established standards.
- Maintains an inventory of supplies and prepares requisitions for needed items.
- Inspects food preparation equipment, kitchen appliances, and work areas to ensure sanitary conditions. Studies cooking and kitchen operations and assists in making recommendations for improving operating efficiency.
- Assists with training others.
- Must complete any required Hope Rising training.
- Reports kitchen equipment in need of repair or replacement.
- Ensures that food is maintained at proper serving temperatures.
- Instructs staff in setting up serving lines and serves food as appropriate.
- Performs related duties as assigned.
- Regularly attends work in a predictable manner, as scheduled and on an as-needed basis, in accordance with Hope Rising attendance and leave policies.
- Report any/all suspecting abuse or neglect to the Administrator on duty and the DFPS hotline at www.txabusehotline.org or 1-800-252-5400.
- Personal restraints may only be used as a last resort, when all other de-escalation and behavior intervention techniques have been exhausted and fail, and the child is an imminent danger to self or others.
This position will supervise other kitchen staff.
- Experience in food preparation work.
- Must possess an accredited food handler license, or successfully complete an accredited food handler training course within 60 days of hire.
EDUCATION, LICENSURE and/or EXPERIENCE:
High School Diploma or equivalent
Ability to communicate verbally and in writing in a clear, concise, effective manner.
Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions in written or oral form.
Valid Texas driver’s license, appropriate insurance and reliable car.
Must submit to and pass a pre-employment drug test.
Must submit to pass random drug tests during employment.
Must successfully pass all background screens as required by the state.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel; and talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to stand, walk, and reach with hands and arms. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, and ability to adjust focus.
Work duties may include, but are not limited to: heavy lifting, 45 lbs. & over, climbing ladders, pulling, repeated bending, reaching above the shoulder, twisting, kneeling, pushing, and stooping.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.