Job Title: Administrative Assistant/ Download Job Description PDF
Reports To: Office Manager
FLSA Status: Exempt
The Administrative Assistant position assists the Hope Rising leadership team in operation and administrative duties. Must be efficient and comfortable being a member of a team but also with working alone when necessary. The ability to multi-task, while maintaining complex schedules and managing administrative support, is essential in this position. Must be resourceful, a good problem solver and organized. Assuring a steady completion of workload in a timely manner is key to success in this position.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Other duties may be assigned as necessary.
· Responsible for Accounts Payable and Accounts Receivable, processing and forwarding to appropriate department
· Volunteer processing, background checks and making contact with volunteers for assignments
· Data entry, data retrieval and reporting in Kaleidacare and donor database software
· Assist in training staff members and new hires as needed on administrative functions
· Miscellaneous projects as directed by the leadership team, and see the projects through to successful completion
· Generate memos, emails and reports when appropriate
· Assist with maintenance of office equipment, including computers, printers, copy machines, Wi-Fi and miscellaneous office equipment
· Assist with maintaining office supplies by checking inventory and order items as needed
· Respond to questions and requests for information
· Answer incoming calls and assume other receptionist duties when needed
· High School Diploma with minimum 5 years’ Administrative experience
· Proficiency in MS Office with expertise in Microsoft Word, PowerPoint and Excel
· Ability to analyze and revise operating practices to improve efficiency
· Detail oriented and comfortable working in a fast-paced office environment
· Exceptional communication skills
· Superior organization skills and dedication to completing projects in a timely manner
Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence, and memos. Ability to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing with superiors, colleagues, and individuals inside and outside the ministry.
Ability to apply basic mathematical concepts such as fractions, percentages, ratios, and proportions to practical solutions.
Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out simple one or two-step instructions. Ability to deal with standardized situations with occasional variables.
Valid driver’s license, appropriate insurance and reliable car.
Must submit to and pass a pre-employment drug test.
Must submit to and pass random drug tests during employment.
Must successfully pass all background screens as required by the state.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to have good use of hands and fingers for typing and lifting. The employee will be required to have repetitive use of their feet and hands. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus. While performing the duties of this job, the employee may have occasional contact with cleaning solvents, aromatics and nuisance dusts.
Other physical requirements specific to this job:
· Occasionally required to lift/carry up to 50 lbs.
· Occasionally required to push/pull up to 50 lbs.
· Occasionally required to climb stairs
· Occasionally required to bend and/or stoop
· Occasionally required to kneel and/or crouch
Key: Constantly: (67-100%) 6-8 hours Frequently: (34-66%) 4-6 hours Occasionally: (0-33%) 1-3 hours
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.